(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

board#133: shortboard for Lizzy



Lizzy and board#133

Dimensions: 5'8 x 19 7/8 x 2 1/2
[completed in June 2016]
Model V-land

The story: Lizzy contacted me after hearing about my shaping hobby through the Wahine Kai Surfclub in Huntington Beach. It was a delight to meet her as a person. She is beautiful, smart and humble... and very determined to have a woman shape her next surfboard.  I was so proud she picked me!

The board: when Lizzy contacted me by email she expresses the frustration of not being able to paddle in the waves easily. She brought her current board over and with Vincent's help we narrowed down the ideal dimensions fort Lizzy's custom board which would allow her to ride a shortboard without the struggle of getting onto the wave.  Mostly adding volume over all with a fuller nose than the classic performance shortboards.  I didn't forget to add my deep single concave going into double for speed.

The artwork: Lizzy got super lucky that Gauthier Richard, a talented digital designer was staying at my house when I was ready to paint her board. He offered to "sketch" 15 options for her and she just had to pick her favorite.  Thank you Gauthier !

Gauthier Richard (GIRCA) designs fro Lizzy: guess which one she picked...




No comments:

Post a Comment